Thursday, April 10, 2008

Easing Your Pain

Picture taken off the Tiger Balm website


The first time I'd ever heard a foreigner using our product was when I visited my mom's friend in Germany in 1995. Even before we arrived in her country of chic Mercedes and BMWs, she had contacted us to bring along boxes of Tiger Balm.
I know that my grandparents and parents swears by it, and I'd also used this blam whenever I had a tummy ache or a headache. This traditional formula was first concocted for the imperial court of China more than 100 years ago. Just imagine, you're using the ointment of what past Emperors of China have been using!
Well, the person who concocted this formula is the late imperial herbalist - Mr Aw Chu Kin, whose children moved his business to Singapore. The balm has henceforth been a mainstay of homes in Singapore. Try buying a couple of bottles. It's definitely affordable.

No comments: