Saturday, January 24, 2015

Geo|Graphic: National Library Exhibition on Maps



I've always been fascinated by maps. So when I saw on internet that Singapore's National Library Board's running an exhibition on maps, I knew that I'll find myself at the exhibition. Called Geo|Graphic, this exhibition runs from 16 Jan to 19 July 2015. The maps came in various sizes, and also different centuries.

 


This exhibition spans five levels and there are many fascinating maps on display. Amongst the full display of maps, the 1924 topographical coloured map was the one that caught my attention. Found on Level 1 of the National Library, the 1924 map is placed on one large wall panel. Nicely drawn out coastlines; old road names and also, the hills and their gradation.

From here, it had led me to ponder, is Mount Faber one of the tallest point in Singapore? Well well, all will be revealed in my next post on - the Top 10 Tallest Points in Singapore. 

No comments: